Monday, March 24, 2008

What a life

Sometimes I wonder where I got myself into. My current schedule looks like the following:
5:50 am - generator is switched on, waking me up
5:55 am - alarm clock goes off, reminding me that I should get up
6:00 am - start doing sport for half hour (running, sit ups and push ups - basic, but efficient)
6:30 am - quick shower
6:40 am - coffee and a shot of news (todays news: aid to Afghan is short by 10 bn $; 7 million $ a day go into development, whereas 100 million $ a day go into military - its a weird world, really!)
7:00 am - into the car and up for the office
7:30 am - checking personal mails and writing on my blog how difficult life is
8:00 am - getting myself convinced that I should really start looking into the two proposals that have to be submitted by the 31st of March. Its worldbank format, so loads and loads of attachments and other stuff
13:00 pm - quick lunch, afghan food: naan bread and greasy beans (lucky I do sport in the morning, otherwise I would soon look like one of these short round beans as well...)
13:10 pm - continue working
16:00 pm - go for meeting
17:00 pm - relocate for coffee shop, continue working (thanks god there is wireless internet in Afghanistan!)
20:00 pm - home, cook some spinach to get the necessary vitamins to get me through these days
20:20 pm - continue working
00:30 am - decide to put my computer on stand by and go to bad
00:35 am - can't sleep, as my mind is too agitated from all the thinking and writing
5:50 am - wake up - happy that I had managed to fall asleep at least at one point.

I guess once I have these two proposals out of my sight, I will take a day or two off ... to take care of myself, my blog, my friends, my plants and continue working on my plan for the next five years (I can't do without life planning - though of course, these plans never work out :)

No comments: