Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanks for looking at my blog :)

Hey everybody out there,

great to see (thanks to this lovely tool called clustermaps) that people are actually looking up my blog. It's kinda a good feeling to know that people take interest in whatever I am doing in Kabul. Internet connections are pretty slow today, and since I am just out of a day long meeting, I don't feel like writing much. There weren't that many good news today, anyway, at least not regarding security in Afghanistan (one suicide attack this morning in Kabul, kidnapping threat against national staff members (it's sad to see how little the international press talks about all these national NGO and not NGO workers who get threats AND kidnapped on a constant basis, much more actually than internationals do), and another kidnapping warning against international NGOS in Jalalabad (a town I am supposed to travel to soon, since we have some of our projects implemented there).

So, lets leave it like that today, but I will try to post some more interesting and encouraging stories over the weekend (and great air views of Kabul from a helicopter flight that I joined recently :)

Best

Jo

No comments: