Sunday, December 2, 2007

More pictures from Kabul

An astonishing view of Kabul from the top of a hill. Once in a while the sky is clear enough to see the mountains in the background.
The old swimmingpool - never seen water so far, and chances that it will ever see water are slim. In the meantime, it is happily used as sports ground for kids from the surrrounding quarters
Other then in some other countries I have been to, taking snaps of people does not seem to be an issue in Afghanistan, or at least not in Kabul. I recently went up to the old soviet swimmingpool (more to that one at a later stage), and as soon as I took out my camera I was surrounded by kids who simply wanted me to take a picture of them. No asking for Money, no asking for my camera, no camera stolen... I like this place!

No comments: