Friday, September 5, 2008

on and on

I guess I have never travelled as many miles as I did over the past few weeks. From Kabul I went to New York, after a couple of days there I went on to Vancouver and from there straight to Kamloops (isn't that an amusing name for a town?), from Kamloops I travelled with my friend Kate by road through the canadian Rockies, discovering plenty of similarities between Taliban and Bears, eventually back to Vancouver, and from there via Toronto back to Milan and then train to Suedtirol, where I am now enjoying time with family and friends. I guess I dont have to mention the reasons for all these travels. The time in North America can best be described as bitter-sweet and sad. Seeing the part of British Columbia where Shirley comes from, made me partly realize why she is such an amazing and inspiring person, during her lifetime and beyond. It's difficult to find words for the beauty of that region. Same as it is still difficult to find the right words to write about happened over the past weeks and to talk about my friends who lost their lifes.

Since I haven't much access to internet currently, I will not be able to add much words and pictures on my blog, until I get back to Kabul by the end of next week. so, don't bother looking for updates every day :) But I promise, by the 14th, you will have plenty of new pics and stuff to look at

No comments: