Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dust & heat

Two things take away the joy of sumer in Kabul: Dust & heat.
Dust is basically everywhere: it's deep in the carpet floor that covers 99.9% of all indoor space in Afghanistan; it's stuck in between the keys of my lap top; it's attached to cars (both inside and outside); it's permanently settled on my hands (no matter how often a day I wash them); it materializes itself as a brown stream when I wash my hair; it builds up tiny dunes on my balkony; it is on my food; it is on my books; it is happily swimming at the bottom of my tea cup; and... it drives me crazy! There is simply no single tiny space in Afghanistan where there is no dust. My office these days is more like a sauna that hasn't been cleaned in a while, then a cool and fresh place where inspiration for great ideas can florish ... anyhow, didn't mean to complain... just wanted to share a bit of the hassles I am exposed to :)

No comments: