Sunday, November 18, 2007

Time for updates, but no time to write...

Sorry to those of you who are desperately waiting for some news from Johannistan, the youngest "stan" among the "stans" of central asia. Reason for my silence is simply the fact that I am just too busy settling into my new work and live environment. So far, its quite ok (but busy). Work is fun (though I still have to get used to the fact that I have to deal with governmental donors - and their unbelievable burocratic, corrupt and swampy way of working...). Anyhow, before going into details (I would basically have to stay overnight in the office if I would seriously start writing down my first impressions of Afghanistan...), I rather cheer up your image of Afghanistan with some beautiful scenary pictures (I am sure, majority of you link afghanistan exclusively to taliban, poppy fields and veiled women). A pilot friend of mine took them today on his trip from Kabul to Hirat. I wish I will get a chance to climb up some of these wonderful mountains one day!

No comments: